It’s not the first! I’m slacking so hard these past few weeks. I totally thought I had this ready to post and then suddenly, I realized it never went up this week. My bad, guys. This is only the third month of this and I’m falling behind. Yikes. I promise to be better!
This month has been pretty slow. I’m learning some new things at work which is overwhelming. I feel like I’m just swimming in information.
Besides that, I’ve had family over. I went up to Maine for a couple of relaxing weekends. The beach was cold & windy but I got some awesome pictures. Especially the day there was this awesome rainbow in the clouds!
Despite it seeming like I haven’t done much, May went by so fast!
Number of books read in May: 8
Big Boned by Meg Cabot
Double Down (Lois Lane #2) by Gwenda Bond
The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury
The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye
Books I Loved in May
A Court of Mist & Fury by Sarah J. Maas
Lumberjanes, vol 1: Beware the Kitten Holy
The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson
The Only Thing Worse Than Me Is You by Lily Anderson
Movies seen (new to me)
Captain America: Civil War
(wow, TOTALLY slacking in the movie department)
Currently Obsessed with…
- Asparagus. Seriously. Put some in the oven for 10 minutes (at 400 degrees) with olive oil and garlic salt and you have the perfect vegetable. You can do the same thing with brocolli and it comes out equally as wonderful.
- Finally other music besides Hamilton. I know. It’s about time.
- I’ve been binge watching Amy Schumer’s show. I had seen clips before and I saw her live a few months ago. But now I’m catching up on Hulu.
Nothing. Once again, I’m slacking. But I am thinking about a certain character I want to write about.
Wanderlost by Jen Malone
- Justin Timberlake’s new single, because DUH.
- The album Sprained Ankle by Julien Baker
- The music from Waitress (as sung by Sara Bareilles)
- In the Heights- Lin’s other musical that won Tony’s in 2008.
ALL THE BOOKS. But no, really.
- The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye
- Summer Days and Summer Nights edited by Stephanie Perkins,
- You Were Here by Cori McCarthy
- A Court of Mist & Fury by Sarah J. Maas
- The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson
- The Only Thing Worse Than Me Is You by Lily Anderson
- Lumberjanes, vol 2 & 3
- The Haters by Jesse Andrews
- Denton Little’s Deathdate by Lance Rubin
- Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
- She Is Not Visible & Revolver by Marcus Sedgwick
June 3rd. I’m so ready to bawl my eyes out watching Me Before You! Then the Tony Awards are happening June 12th and I am so beyond ready to watch Hamilton take the cake.
June is going to be a slow month but I’m totally fine that. Officially less than one month until my birthday!
Are y’all excited that it finally feels like summer? I don’t know about you, but I’m so ready to go mini golfing and out for ice cream. Happy June, everyone!