Oh goodness, has it really been a month already? I don’t understand. Why does time simultaneously move so fast and yet so slow? And how is it MAY? I don’t get it. I really don’t. It’s almost summer and it’s 2 months until my birthday which is crazy to me. Didn’t I JUST turn 23? It sure feels like it. But anyway, on with the show!
In the beginning of the month, my parents and I went to see Colin Mochrie & Brad Sherwood at a local venue. I bought the tickets for my dad for Christmas and it was brilliant. It was an improv show and I was constantly laughing. I would definitely see them again.
On the 24th, I walked with my mom and coworkers in support of the March of Dimes for the March for Babies. We walked 5 miles through the city. Then we got mac & cheese for brunch. And a mimosa– because if you don’t have a mimosa, did you really have brunch?
But the most exciting thing!!! This past weekend, my mom and I went to NYC for the weekend. It’s 3 hours away but we only go about once every 1 or 2 years. Friday was a nightmare getting to NYC. We drove to New Haven and then took the train to Grand Central… but of course it couldn’t be that easy. There was a fatality on the tracks(super sad and I guess it keeps happening in the damn spot, too) so we had to get off in West Haven, take an Uber to Bridgeport then get on the last train (or so we heard) into NYC. To say it was stressful would be an understatement.
Anyway, Friday night we saw Hamilton (SUPER SQUEEEEE)!! I could legit wrote a whole blog post about Hamilton, which actually, I might do because I have way too much to say about it. Highlights version: My mom surprised me with 7th row seats (I knew we were going to the show but I had NO IDEA we would have perfect seats. I could see Lin cry. And the whole cast spit. And it was so wonderful.) and I couldn’t stop smiling throughout the entire show (well, until I cried anyway).
Then Saturday we walked around and did some shopping. I spent a little too much money in Sephora and I just HAD to buy some books at Barnes & Noble– I mean, it was RIGHT THERE and I had a coupon. For lunch, we went to Shake Shack, which made me a very happy Evie because it’s my favorite. That night I spoiled my mom with tickets to Aladdin, we had phenomenal seats there too. James M. Iglehart is a standout as Genie. He was the best part of the show.
I can now die happy.
Number of books read in April: 15
- The Shadowy Horses by Susanna Kearsley
- Ms. Marvel: Generation Why
- Named of the Dragon by Susanna Kearsley
- The Love That Split the World by Emily Henry
- The Girl You Left Behind by Jojo Moyes
- Ink and Bone (The Great Library #1) by Rachel Caine
- Sex Criminals, Vol 1: One Weird Trick by Matt Fraction & Chip Zdarsky
- The Heir and the Spare -Emily Albright
- The Mirror and The Maze(The Wrath & The Dawn #1.5)– Renee Ahdieh
- Size 14 Is Not Fat Either– Meg Cabot
Books I Loved in April
- Size 12 Is Not Fat by Meg Cabot
- Scarlett Epstein Hates It Hate by Anna Breslaw
- Make Good Art – Neil Gaiman
- Hamilton: The Revolution by Lin-Manuel Miranda & Jeremy McCarter
- The Rose and the Dagger(The Wrath & The Dawn #2)– Renee Ahdieh
Movies seen (new to me)
I’m totally slacking on the movie department this month. Shame on me.
- The Lady in the Van
Currently Obsessed with…
Still Hamilton. That hasn’t changed. But now I’m catching up on Outlander and Game of Thrones and it’s taking up my spare not reading time.
Ugh, nothing right now. I haven’t been motivated at all. Which is terribly and I hate that I’m not writing but hopefully I’ll start again soon.
I just picked up Delilah Dirk and The Turkish Lieutenant by Tony Cliff and I’m waiting for my pre-ordered books to come in this week.
- The Lumineers: Cleopatra (The entire album)
- Waitress, music from the show by Sara Barelis
- I’ve been obessed with My House by Flo Rida and have to turn the volume way up whenever it comes on the radio.
- Delilah Dirk and The Turkish Lieutenant by Tony Cliff.
- The Girl That Circumnavigated Fairyland on A Ship of Her Own Making– Catheryne Valente
- The rest of the Heather Wells series by Meg Cabot
- The Rose and the Dagger– Renee Ahdieh
I also recently pre-ordered A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas, The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson, and Warrior Witch by Danielle L. Jensen.
I’m addicted to Philosophy and QVC was having a sale… so I bought an absurd amount. Oops. Sorry not sorry. But for realz, it’s the best stuff. I just started using it as shampoo because the stuff I get is a 3-in-1 body wash/shampoo thing. I’ve never used it as shampoo before and I don’t know why. I also got a tip from my coworker that it can be used as hand soap (which duh, why didn’t I think of that before).
May 3rd is book release day heaven for YA. I absolutely cannot wait for the books that I preordered. I’m getting Warrior Witch, The Unexpected Everything, A Court of Mist and Fury. There might be more, but I’m blanking.
I have no trips or exciting events coming up this month except for possible trips to the beach (since it’s only 2 hours away).
I do hope to go to the movies a bunch. Captain America: Civil War comes out next weekend and I’m planning on going right after work on Saturday!
That’s all folks! This month has been crazy & also super slow. Quite the contradiction.