This week on The Broke and the Bookish‘s Top Ten Tuesday the topic is Top Ten Bookworm Delights. So, the following are at least all true for me…
Going into thrift stores to search for awesome book finds. I recently found Bird by Bird written by Anne Lamott in my local store. You never know what you’ll find!
- Having pre-ordered books arrive. Actually, when any book mail arrives.
- Going to book signings and meeting your favorite author! Starstruck moment.
- Having the clerk at Barnes & Noble know your name because of how often you’ll wander the store (and most likely won’t leave without buying a book).
- Carrying a book with you wherever you go even if you probably don’t need but then feeling entirely vindicated when you actually get a chance to read because of some unforeseeable circumstance.
- When authors mention previous characters in current books (when it’s not part of a series).
- Gravitating towards the book section of any/all stores. Bonus points when they end up having a signed copy of a book you haven’t bought yet but really want. (This generally happens to me at Target– at least it did when I lived in Florida but it hasn’t happened recently and that makes me really sad).
- Finding a book from an author you love that you haven’t read yet.
- Getting a book subscription box or two and anxiously awaiting their arrival in the mail. (I’m signed up for Uppercase Box and OwlCrate currently and I love them.)
- Picking up a book that you know nothing about but finding out it really resonates with you.
Bonus: Finding awesome bookish merchandise you love and can’t live without. #fangirl
What are your top ten bookworm delights? What bookish things makes you happy?