- While I had heard about this when it first came out, I didn’t think I’d read it right away. But after reading many awesome things about Nimona from Ashley’s blog, I finally broke down and bought myself this beauty.
- I love graphic novels (though I don’t indulge myself in them as much as I should) so I was excited to dive into this one.
- Nimona is quirky and lovable shapeshifter with a mysterious past. Her type of humor isn’t for everyone, however. She’s a little juvenile but in the best ways (I think, anyway).
- The idea of heroes and villains are played with a bit and while Ballister Blackheart may be the resident evil-doer, there just may be more to him than meets the eye. I love that.
- Sir Ambrosius Goldenloin is an interesting character. He’s conflicted. He thinks what he’s doing is right but he also doesn’t want to hurt anyone. He especially doesn’t want to hurt his nemesis, Blackheart.
- Not a whole lot was resolved with Nimona’s story arc but I’m okay with that because that hopefully means we’ll be getting more Nimona stories.
- I wanted to know more about Blackheart & Goldenloin’s relationship growing up. Just in general, more flashbacks please. Or a prequel. Something. But I loved the epilogue.
- I love the relationship that develops between Nimona and Blackheart. I like them working together and caring about each other. It’s sticky sweet.
- I couldn’t stop giggling. I read through this in a few hours and enjoyed every minute of it.
- I can’t wait to read more by Noelle Stevenson. Do you hear that? I want more Nimona! Until then, Lumberjanes is next on my graphic novel list, which is ever growing.
- If you’re not convinced you should read this, you can read the first three chapters here. You’re welcome.
Have you read this vibrant gem of a book? Share your thoughts below.