This week’s Top Ten Tuesday topic, hosted by The Broke & the Bookish, is Top Ten Quotes I Loved From Books I Read In The Past Year Or So. I love this week’s topic because quotes are a small addiction of mine. Now to narrow it down to 10 books that I read this year, which is a lot harder than I thought it would be.
- “Eleanor was right. She never looked nice. She looked like art, and art wasn’t supposed to look nice; it was supposed to make you feel something.” (From Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell)
- “The monster—if there was one—never revealed itself to me again. But what I had learned over the past year was that monsters abound, usually in plain sight.” (At the Water’s Edge – Sara Gruen)
- “For some reason, this is the moment I know I’m gonna be all right; that the hurt might never fade, and my heart might always long for a stubborn cowboy with squinty eyes, but I’ll make do. Sure as the sun will rise.” (Vengeance Road – Erin Bowman)
- “You intolerable lunatic,” he snarled at me, and then he caught my face between his hands and kissed me.” (Uprooted by Naomi Novik)
- “Life is made of so many moments that mean nothing. Then one day, a single moment comes along to define every second that comes after. Such moments are tests of courage, of strength.” (An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir)
- “Don’t feel bad for one moment about doing what brings you joy.” (A Court of Thorn and Roses – Sarah J. Maas)
- “Hope can be a powerful force. Maybe there’s no actual magic in it, but when you know what you hope for most and hold it like a light within you, you can make things happen, almost like magic.” (Daughter of Smoke & Bone – Laini Taylor)
- “Let’s go rattle the stars.” (Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas)
- “You spend you life roaming the hillsides, scouring the four corners of the earth, searching desperately for just one person to fucking get you. And I’m thinking, if you can find that, you’ve found home.” (Mosquitoland by David Arnold)
- “You’ve read the books?”
“I’ve seen the movies.”
Cath rolled her eyes so hard, it hurt. (Actually.) (Maybe because she was still on the edge of tears. On the edge, period.) “So you haven’t read the books.”
“I’m not really a book person.”
“That might be the most idiotic thing you’ve ever said to me” (Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell)
Happy Tuesday, everyone!